Monday, April 4, 2016

Chicken Little - Book Extension

Today we read CHICKEN LITTLE  by Rebecca and Ed Emberley.  Just look at these illustrations!!  

We read several different versions, but this version was our class favorite. The kids especially loved the sound effects, like BONK! ONK! OOP! EEP! AWK!
I tried to recreate the cute chick on the cover, although I loved them, they did remind me a bit of ANGRY BIRDS, ha. 

Anyway, this book led us into much deeper thoughts, like 
"Did I hatch from an egg?" 
We then got all into animals that DO hatch, and wow were they excited.  We learned a cool new word 
OVIPAROUS!
I made a little lined circle for underneath so they could flip up the chick and show their favorite oviparous animal. 
We are just getting warmed up about eggs even though Easter is over.  I'm sure by the end of the week my brain will be FRIED! 
(Or at least scrambled), 
but totally worth it.     
Anyway, who doesn't feel like the sky is falling on them every now and then?!?! Seven more weeks and so much to do.  It's falling alright. 

Our book extension is now available on TPT.  There are many engaging activities that your students are sure to love.  Remember, it will work with any version that you have! Check it out here!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment