Friday, April 15, 2016

The Earth Book - Book Extension

Yesterday, I was out half day and came in to work at lunch.  When I entered the room it was as if someone had flipped a switch and changed all of the children I know and love into OMGoodness, I don't know what.  I almost said children of the corn, but since I was too scared to actually watch that movie, I'm not sure if there were actual children who were bad in it, ANYWAY.....they were shouting out, dancing, talking, it was a total zoo.  AND THAT IS WITH THE BEST SUB IN THE BOOK.  I think it is just an indicator that the kids are ready to be out of school almost as much as teachers.  So.... after lunch and a lot of wrinkle making evil eyes toward them, I decided,  it's time to bring out the big guns-- some make and take.  And a book about the earth would be just the thing. Some good old cut and paste and color your fingers off  kind of project,  I mean, stay ENGAGED while you come back to reality, kind of project.  Since it's time for one of our favorite books to read during this time of the year   anyway, The Earth Book by Todd Parr, 
 why not make the make and take good and educational.  This book has lots of easy and smart ideas on how even a child can help to make the earth a better place to live.  From using both sides of the paper, to riding our  bikes to school...this book is full of ideas that the kids can relate to, and it reads just like they speak.  We had this book extension in progress, but I had to pull out the book making section before another minute went by or someone was going to be in big trouble. Probably me.  And it worked like a charm. The books were adorable, and they do love their own work don't they????
Quiet was restored, sanity slowly crept back in, and we looked and sounded somewhat normal again.  Peace at last.  

Luckily for us it RAINED, and we couldn't go outside to play, so instead we got to watch the author Todd Parr himself read the book to us on YouTube while we had our snack.  He did a much better job than I did earlier.  They loved it! You can get a copy of the book from Amazon in just two days if you have Amazon Prime! We're hooked on this book for sure.


You can get our book extension here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment