Monday, March 21, 2016

SPRING BREAK AT LAST

I thought this week would never get here.  I'm not sure who was more excited...me or my students. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job!  I LOVE my students!  And, I LOVE what I do!  Sometimes you just need a minute.  And in my case...several minutes.  It's been a crazy year.  All of us are busy and all of us have a life outside the walls of the classroom and sometimes we just need a minute to catch up on life.  

Do you ever feel like you are being pulled in a bajillion different directions?  I sure do.  Between my family, extended family, husband, school, friends, and my TPT business partner, I was at my wits end.  I literally thought I was going to explode before the day was over.  And when that bell rang...this was me!  

I felt like yesterday was just a day of crowd control.  (OK, maybe most of the week!)  Now let's add a data meeting with documentation on 20 children due, being handed a book inventory Thursday and due on Friday, and did I mention it was REPORT CARD POSTING WEEK? Oh and did I mention that meetings took my break so getting things done gets a LITTLE stressful?  My goal was to make it through the day, go home and go to bed! We got through it.  I went home at 4, went straight to a bubble bath, and I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for two hours. 
And now, I'm good!  

We did have a bright spot in this week. A few years ago my husband started buying a one dollar  scratch off  lottery ticket for each family member. He gives us one for each year. SO, we go to get Mom's 71 scratch off tickets and he bought one for himself. He got a $10 one and it paid $1,000.  YAYYY! So we will be heading  north to Nashville to pick up his winnings then south to the white sandy beaches of the Emerald  Coast. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting a few things done, spending time with my family, and staring at that beautiful ocean and enjoying my "minute"!  
I hope you  enjoy yours, too.

Sand and Sun...HERE I COME!

0 comments:

Post a Comment