Friday, October 10, 2014

Peas and Carrots

Does anybody out there still use painted Lima beans for math activities?  I have had mine for 25+ years and they are really starting to show it!  I may need to paint some more of these real soon!   When doing the Spill the Beans activity, I always use the term "Peas and Carrots" because my beans are green and orange.  I think I started saying this about 15 years ago, after doing a Marilyn Burns math activity.  It just kind of stuck with me.  And it sticks with the kids too.  They know the equation has to match the picture.  Peas first.  Then carrots.

 


Some of the YOUNGER teachers has not heard of this saying.  I started to question myself and googled it!  There are a million examples of PEAS AND CARROTS!  I'm not totally crazy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment